- Core subjects of Maths and English are taught throughout the school every day and are based on the ‘National Curriculum 2014’ aimed at offering children rigour and challenge in attaining new ‘age related’ expectations.
- Science teaching follows the National Curriculum requirements and includes topic based work and discrete study.
- The RE curriculum is based upon the Hertfordshire Agreed Syllabus for Religious Education.
- Humanities teaching takes place within cross curricular topic study spread across the school year. Residential and non residential trips and activities enhance our provision in geography and history.
- We aim to provide two hours of quality PE every week, with opportunities for additional curricular and extra curricular physical education. Our link with Queens School as part of the School Sports Co-ordinator partnership and our access to Watford Grammar School for Girls’ swimming facilities strengthen our sports provision.
- The school has held an Artsmark Gold award for the past three years as a result of our commitment to the Arts. We are currently applying to renew this status for the coming three years. We are committed to offering a range of curricular and extra curricular activity to promote learning in the Arts. LInks with Watford Palace Theatre, Watford Grammar School for Girls, The Royal Opera House, Herts’ Music Service and other local and national organisations have proved invaluable in our arts work.
- Our computing curriculum is based on the Herts for Learning primary computing scheme which provides a creative approach to delivering the computing curriculum and is fully aligned with the 2014 National Curriculum for Computing. It supports the teaching and the development of computing, building computer science capability and digital literacy for current and future learning.
For infomation on areas of study and curriculum coverage please see the subject specific information and year group curriculum planners.