All Hertfordshire maintained schools have a similar approach to meeting the needs of pupils with Special Educational Needs and/or Disabilities (SEND). They are supported by the Local Authority to ensure that all pupils, regardless of their specific needs, make the best possible progress in school. Schools aim to be inclusive, with the needs of SEND pupils being met in a mainstream setting wherever possible.
Mrs Fogden is our Inclusion Co-ordinator (INCO). She is an experienced teacher who works closely with each of the class teachers and helps to identify needs, organise provision and liaise with external professionals in order to meet the needs of our children.
She also organises additional intervention programmes with the support staff in school.
If you want to talk about your child’s special educational or disability Mrs Fogden, our Inclusion leader with responsibility for SEND, can be contacted in school. She works from Monday to Thursday each week. Appointments can be made via the school office.
For questions and answers about the type of support we are able to provide at Field Junior School, please read the documents below. (In response to parent feedback we have included a simplified version of the Information Report which outlines the main elements).
• Hertfordshire Local Offer-services for children/young people with SEND
• Developing Specialist Provision Locally (DSPL 9)
This website is linked to our local area for SEND and is being updated with information
Autism Quality Offer
The Hertfordshire Autism Quality Offer aligns with the SEND Quality Offer – Hertfordshire’s statement on high quality provision and outcomes for children and young people with special educational needs and disabilities. The Autism Quality Offer describes the special educational provision that settings are encouraged to have available for children and young people who have autism or social communication needs and includes links to resources and training available to settings across Hertfordshire.
Link: to follow in September 2020
• Please find above copies of parent weblinks that our local area (DSPL 9) have supplied to local schools. This list has not been compiled by the school; it is our understanding that the resources on this list are free and we would not recommend you purchasing anything if it is not.
• Families First staff are contactable via their telephones or email so if you have a link worker please ensure that you are making regular contact. They will be in direct contact with school too.
• SAFER PLACES DOMESTIC ABUSE SERVICES
Safer Places are still operating and will continue to provide services/support to victims of Domestic Abuse in line with Government and Public Health England advice.
They will still accept new refuge referrals (if they have space and no symptoms shown/self-isolating) and will continue to accept outreach referrals.
EMERGENCY CONTACT LINE IS OPEN 24 HOURS 7DAYS A WEEK:
• Herts Local Offer-Mental health and wellbeing: